Fires cause a huge loss to property and lives and can destroy a place to such an extent that it becomes impossible to restore it. Nobody can predict such mishaps, but one can take all possible precautions so that the occurrence of such situations is considerably reduced. One of the major steps in this regard is to conduct regular fire safety training for the employees in offices, schools, housing societies, etc. You can take help and support from fire fighting contractors in Mumbai who are experts in this field. They provide all kinds of services related to the maintenance of fire safety systems as well as training people on how to use the fire-fighting system in case of an emergency.
People generally tend to ignore the training part and think that it is not that important. But they are sadly mistaken. God forbid! In case a fire breaks out, it is important to know how and which equipment to use.
The following pointers highlight the importance of regular fire-fighting training:
- Fire safety training begins with knowing the different causes of fire. Fire starts when heat from any source comes in contact with a combustible substance in the presence of oxygen. This means that the first step in extinguishing a fire is to cut off the oxygen supply. If we manage to cut off the oxygen supply, the fire is put off automatically.
- It is mandatory to install fire extinguishers in all commercial places and offices. But these are of no use if one doesn’t know how to operate them. Fire safety training explains the working of different types of fire extinguishers.
- It is very important to understand the cause of the fire because there are different types of fire extinguishers for different fires.
- Fire safety training also includes the preparation of emergency fire evacuation plans. The team explains how to prepare and follow the evacuation plan in case of an emergency.
- Fire-fighting training also teaches people how to prevent fires in the first place. They also explain how to store hazardous chemicals safely in the workplace.
Here are a few things to keep in mind so that workplace fires can be avoided.
- Keep machinery well lubricated to prevent overheating.
- Emergency telephone numbers should be displayed at prominent places to contact the firefighting team without wasting any time.
- Do not run electrical wires and cords underneath the rugs.
- Electrical control panels should be easily accessible so that power can be shut down immediately if required.
- Faulty wiring and cables should be repaired promptly to avoid any danger.
- All emergency exits should be clear of clutter so that they can be used if need be.
Workers can eliminate fire hazards by responding quickly to any potential danger. But this can only happen if they are properly trained. Look for a good fire fighting company in Mumbai and consult them for all your fire-fighting requirements. Ask them to conduct a fire safety risk assessment and do the needful at the earliest. Keep yourself and all others safe from any disaster.